The Final National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam will be published on 31st August, 2019. In the final draft of the NRC, out of 3.29 Crore hopefuls, 40.37 lakh applicants were not included of which 36.2 lakh have claimed inclusion.
Section 144 Imposed in Assam as Government Set to Release Final NRC List.
The NRC will include the names of all Indian citizens who have been residing in Assam before 25th March, 1971.
Assam, which had faced inflow of people from Bangladesh since the early 20th Century, is the only state in India to have the updation of the NRC after 1951. The exercise this time is being carried out under the supervision of the Supreme Court.
The Final NRC list, which will identify the bonafide citizens of the state. The steps have been taken by the district administration to maintain peace and public order ahead of after the publication of the contentious list and will remain in force till further notice.
You can check your NRC Application status if you:
• submitted a claim upon not being included in the final draft list (published on July 30, 2018),
• were excluded in the Additional Draft Exclusions List published on June 26, 2019,
• had any objection filed against your inclusion.
• were called for hearings held from July 5, 2019 onwards.
You are included in final NRC and may NOT CHECK your application status if you are:
• included in the final Draft list,
• not excluded in Additional Draft Exclusions List,
• not called for hearings held from July 5, 2019 onwards.
Steps to check whether your name appears in the final NRC:
You can visit your respective NRC Seva Kendra/ Office of Circle Officer/ Officer of Deputy Commissioner and check your name in the Supplementary Inclusions List on all working days from 10am to 4pm.
• Look for link titled ‘Supplementary Inclusions / Exclusions Lists (Final NRC) status’
• Type in your ARN to check if your name is part of the Final NRC
From 7th September 2019, the status of all NRC applicants will be available online.